Karl Blanks from conversion rate experts started by saying don’t just whack a whole lot of best practises into your site.
Most common conversion killers:
• They aren’t in shopping mode – they are just browsing. Integrate them into your community. Offer free reports, create a forum
• Fatal distraction – you get interrupted a lot of the time. So many shopping visits are interrupted so get their email address sooner rather than later.
• They don’t believe your company or product are very good – establish trust by association. Media mentions, expert reviews, customer testimonials, celebrity associations
• Prospect defers decision – emphasise scarcity incorporate rolling offers
• Competitor gets the sale – niching, emphasise that you’re a specialist