Dr Karl Banks from Conversion rate experts started the session which why you need to test. You need to split test because before and after tests stink, they don’t operate in the same timescale. Meek tweaking doesn’t work, small fiddly changes take forever to determine statistical relevance. Carry out bold targeted changes.
It’s not about the tools it’s the expertise of the tester that will determine success.
A process that tells you exactly what to test:
1. Think of the companies’ long term strategy
2. Understand the existing traffic sources
3. Understand your visitors
4. Advanced market intelligence – you need to understand the positioning of competitors
5. Spotting the hidden wealth in your business
6. Create your experimental strategy
7. Design your experimental web pages
8. Carry out the experiments
9. Transfer the winning campaigns into other media
Objection/ counter objection is a powerful technique in offline sales strategies.
Some tools (that weren’t in the earlier session):
• Live chat – review the transcripts
• Twitter – find out what people are saying about you and their frustrations
• Ethnio – great for targeting the demographic for a usability test
• Google internal search is good for gap analysis `
A powerful technique that few people are using:
Find any way possible to deal with the customers face to face. Become a customer and experience the full experience from start to finish. It’s called method marketing and its incredibly powerful.Posted in Conversion Analysis, Conversion Conference | Tags: Conversion Conference London 2010