This is a special post from our Linkdex friends who are offering you a chance on SES New York, $250 and an iPad3!
As part of a new competition we are looking for scripts about the world of SEO that we can animate into videos. Each script we animate will win $250 and be uploaded onto the Linkdex blog.
Here is a video explaining it and there is more information below!
- All the best entries will automatically enter a prize draw to win a Platinum pass to SES New York. The deadline for entries is the 14th March.
- The overall winner of the best script competition as judged by SES and Linkdex will be announced on the 20th at the Black Hat, White Hat session at SES New York. In addition to the $250 the winner will get because we are going to animate their script, they will also receive an iPad 3 (As soon as they are available to buy).
- If you’ve written a great script but you’re not a winner, there’s still a great chance we’ll animate your script and pay you $250. We’re planning on animating a new Linkdex Story most weeks.
What makes a winning script?
Scripts should characterise the challenges faced or conversations currently happening in the world of SEO. They could be funny, informative or close-to-home. For inspiration see our first video, My Name is Zeus, a humorous story we have observed about one of the challenges facing the industry.
To enter the competition please send us the following:
- A script of no more than 2 A4 pages.
- A background blog post. This will be uploaded beneath the video. It should be around 100-500 words and explain a little background behind the story.
- An author profile. No more than a couple of paragraphs long, this is your chance to explain who you are and what you do in the industry. Perhaps also include a link to your website!
- Please also provide some contact details so we can get in touch.
The animation should run for around 90 seconds, so aim for around two A4 pages or less. Below we have suggested some topics to get you started, but you are free to write about whatever you think works best:
- Agency / Client relationship. What does a dysfunctional one look like?
- Link building can be a bit like dating
- Social Media & SEO are converging, but what about if you work in an unsociable industry?
- White hat SEO is like owning a white shirt – the longer you have it the more grey it becomes
- Explain what SEO is to a friend and answer the questions that follow
- Your own cool ideas
We can also animate you as a character. If you would like to be the hero of your script, send us a photograph and we’ll try to make our animated guy or gal look like you!
Send your script to animate [@] linkdex.com to enter the competition. Entrants can submit multiple entries but please follow the guidelines below.
The script must be the original work of the entrant. It can not contain offensive content or act as a company promotion. The script should not refer to actual people without the prior consent of the people in question. The author takes fully responsibility for the content of the script. Linkdex will not share your personal contact details with anyone outside the company. Good luck!
Posted in Competition | Tags: competition, linkdex